The origin of the name Lyubertsy
The first mention of the city appeared in chronicles dating from 1621. The settlement owes its name to its owners - Nazar and Liber, from the latter Liberichi was originally formed, and later transformed into Libertsy.
The city of Lyubertsy is famous for its pedigree and nobility, because, in 1705, the owner of the village was Menshikov, and in the middle of the 17th century the future emperor Peter III.
Thanks to the construction of the railway, which passed through the cities, the population here increases sharply and trade is actively developing.
And already in the 19th century, Russian summer residents chose the city for their summer pastime.
In 1925, Lyubertsy acquired the status of a city. Currently, Lyubertsy is a link in the capital industry; the city has a musical instrument factory, as well as carpet and helicopter plants.
Sights of the city of Lyubertsy
The main religious and architectural sights of the city are the Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan, which was created in the 17th century and the wooden Trinity Church, built in the early 20th century.
Also on the territory of the city is the Nikolo-Ugreshsky Monastery, which was erected in the 14th century. An ancient legend says that after the victory of Donskoy in the Battle of Kulikovo, exactly at the place where the monastery was created, Donskoy thought the icon of Nicholas the Wonderworker. On the territory of the monastery for a long time there was a colony for homeless children, only in 1991 the monastery was returned to the clergy.
Moreover, in Lyubertsy there is a historical attraction - the Kraskovo estate, which is made in the style of classicism. In the 18th century, the estate belonged to the princes of Trubetskoy. In the immediate vicinity of the estate was located the Vladimir Church, which was built in 1831.
No less remarkable is the estate in the village of Petrovskoye, which dates back to the 17th century. Despite the fact that the estate was damaged during the fire, St. Nicholas Church and the Peter and Paul Church are preserved here.
In the city of Lyubertsy, the bloody times of the Great Patriotic War left their mark, which were reflected in city monuments, among them - a monument to helicopter pilots who died in hot spots, a chapel monument - a tribute to the heroes who died the death of the brave, a guardian angel monument in honor of courage and courage to the heroes of Lyubertsy.
In addition, a monument to Yuri Gagarin is located in Lyubertsy, near the school, where the famous cosmonaut was educated. $5 deposit online casino nz